Mesh not snapping into place on collision

Hello again.

I am trying to make a puzzle where you have to pick up bodyparts and snap them into place. Iam trying to achieve this by using a collision box. Basically if you move the arm over the correct trigger box, it will snap the arm in the correct orientation and location.

334051-problem-1.gif

In the example above, I am testing if the snap would happen by just letting the arm fall into the trigger box, however it adjusts the orientation of the arm, but doesn’t snap into place as you can see.

Here is my blueprint setup:
Blueprint for the legs with the triggerboxes:

Blueprint for the arm:

Altough its not relevant I think, this is the picking up object blueprint just to be sure:

Hope you can help out!

Have you tried using a scene component? When ever I want to something to snap in a place I always use a scene component. Maybe for the Right Arm Box instead of using get world transform you could try this “Get Relative Location” and “Get Relative Rotation” then you could plug it into the “Set actor location and rotation.” Also you could try to make another custom event called Attach for when the arm goes into the collision box it will fire the custom event and snap into place. The detach custom event maybe causing the problem.

Thanks for answering

I have tried your suggestions but the mesh just disappears now.

I tried to look up what a scene component is but have no idea how to implement it.

Do you have any tips for how to get a scene component?

I think you have to turn physics off also.

A scene component is a component that has a scene transform and can be attached to other scene components. In the top left of the screen in your viewport add a component, type in scene, click on it, and then drag it to where you want the arm to be placed. This is a example of what you could do with a scene component. Lets say you have a weapon that fires projectile and you need to spawn the projectile at a certain area. You could use a scene component to identify where you want to spawn the projectile. (Also when you use a scene component make sure it is a child to the box collision so the scene component stays in place)

Also you said it disappears and I think I have a solution. Try disabling physics when the arm gets attached to the box.

A scene component is a component that has a scene transform and can be attached to other scene components

This seems to get the right effect, but now I am unable to pickup the object.

Also you can get a scene component in the add components tab and then type in scene. Then you drag to where you want the arm to be placed and make sure it is a child of the box collision arm. Here’s a example of what a scene component can do. Lets say you have a weapon and you need to spawn projectile at a certain area. You can use a scene component to identify the area of where you want the projectile to spawn.

Also you said the mesh disappears and I have a solution. Try disabling physics when the arm is snapped into placed.

Yesss thank you!

I tried out the scene component and I realized that I was already working with it, just didn’t know it was a scene component. Disabling the physics on collision gave the perfect result.

Happy everything works! Good luck with your project!