Mesh import error

Im trying to import a mesh into ue4. I’m Trying to import it as a static mesh so i keep the skeletal mesh option unchecked in the import settings. When i press import an error called “unable to triangulate mesh” pops up and the mesh doesnt import. Can anyone help?

Sounds like you have a bad source mesh. What tools did you create it in, do you have a picture of it’s wireframe?

i actually didnt make it myself, i downloaded it from the internet

I would try importing the mesh into Blender. You might have to modify it slightly for it to work in Unreal Engine.

Then I’m definitely going with it being a bad mesh.

A lot of assets from sites like turbosquid look good from the screenshots, but are actually a completely unusable mess or require so much work to fix that it’s quicker to just do it yourself.

You should use vetted sites like the UE Marketplace if you don’t want to make your own content.

Pro Tip :grimacing: :v:-> turbosquid is the biggest “CG landfill” Out there… (And honestly, a 3d artist insult 🤷) create your own model, especially if its Something simple… You’ll have it under controll and will be able to fix any issue…

Fixing that stuff, or even paying for it in the first place isn’t worth a dime…

Sorry to be that hater Guy here… But TS… People sell you “spheres” there… And they’re broken 🤦 (yay i opened a DCC, hit “create cube”… Bumm sell it,… ““Looook what i’ve created :boom::sparkles::star2:””"

OK, but… Back to your Problem… Try to import it into one of your DCCs and re-export it as a “obj”… This is a really dirty workaround to fix some of these third party (or… I dont know what immmaa doing) issues