Mesh gets distorted at high speed

Hey Guys

I seem to be stuck with a weird mesh distortion on my mesh, as soon as my mesh reaches a certain cm/s it distorts and the mesh looks like the camera is motion blurring the hell out of the object, now i have looked at the method used to move the mesh and all the physics based methods i used does the same thing, what does help to eliminate the problem is setting a lower float value that drives the speed in-game, but this is not what i need as it’s a space sim and not going to work with slow speed ships lol

I have attached my Blueprint so that you can see what im doing with the result of the blurring.

thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’ve got something similar, in my case it’s just an elevator that moves by a timeline and its velocity is not even that high.

The blur in the image might be the result of [Temporal Anti-Aliasing][1]
Test this by using the console command “r.PostProcessAAQuality 0” and see if the ghosting still happens. If it doesn’t, you can either try to [change the TAA settings][2] and find the optimal ones for your case, or you can try using FXAA

Thank you so much, I will try that and let you guys know!!! had to redo the entire way the object moved, and hat to resort to a force / impulse based forward movement to have that distortion go away…

nope same problem unfortunately

Thanks, that did the trick!
Please mark the question as resolved so that anyone could see that.

found the solution and it works, link included to where i found it, its actually SIMPLE, its motion blur in Project Settings>Post Processing section, turn it of