Mesh export issue: parts are missing

Sometimes, when I export a mesh, the PLY or OBJ has rectangular holes, as if some of the mesh parts were not included.

When I export the same mesh again, all is fine.

I can’t reliably reproduce the error in any file, but it has happened several times with the same file, too.

This is not a big problem, but just annoying, as it can cost significant time to go all the way back and re-export, especially when only a small part of a huge model is missing and I have already done extensive post-processing.

There seems to be no logical trigger - I normally do not touch anything during export, so closing the project too early or so is not the reason.

hello, something like these?

https://support.capturingreality.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=mesh+hole

That link gives lots of results for holes in the mesh in RC:

That is NOT what I have: my holes are ONLY in the exported mesh, and only sometimes.

where do you display the exported model - in which software do you see the holes in your RealityCapture-created models?

I see them in Rhinoceros 5.0 and in GOMinspect (in small files GOM loads well) and in the file size. There simply are parts missing that are present in RC.