Memory Leak with Radeon R9 295x2 8GB Graphics Card

I believe I am dealing with a memory leak and I am on the verge of buying a different graphics card because I cannot do anything with these crashes.

Given enough time, usually a few minutes only, UE4 will freeze, the memory usage will spike, and then UE4 will crash. I have a brand new computer, AMD Oct-Core 4.7ghz, 32 gb RAM, Windows 8 and a Radeon R9 295x2 8gb graphics card. I even crash on a blank level with no starter content.

I have it open right now waiting for a crash report. It is idling at 345.6MB of memory usage.

BAM, it freezes, the Memory usage spiked to 2.3 GB and then it closed producing the below crash report.

Other things I have tried include using beta drivers, installing this on a SSD, creating a drive D to install. The D drive was a wild guess because the directories below don’t exist and are produced even if I don’t have a D drive.

Help is greatly appreciated, I have not been able to work on our simulation for almost 2 weeks now!

MachineId:29DD9A894A32D8B00CB6E5A6E7EC60A1
EpicAccountId:4de55e414f3d46acbeecc3bdc850c1aa

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

“”

UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHIEndDrawPrimitiveUP() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11commands.cpp:1362]
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!DrawPrimitiveUP() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\rhi\public\rhiutilities.h:486]
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHIClearMRT() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11commands.cpp:1817]
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHIClear() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11commands.cpp:1455]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FRCPassPostProcessSelectionOutlineColor::Process() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\postprocess\postprocessselectionoutline.cpp:107]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FRenderingCompositionGraph::RecursivelyProcess() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\postprocess\renderingcompositiongraph.cpp:531]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FRenderingCompositionGraph::RecursivelyProcess() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\postprocess\renderingcompositiongraph.cpp:325]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FRenderingCompositionGraph::RecursivelyProcess() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\postprocess\renderingcompositiongraph.cpp:325]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FRenderingCompositePassContext::Process() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\postprocess\renderingcompositiongraph.cpp:153]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FPostProcessing::Process() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\postprocess\postprocessing.cpp:1620]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::Render() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\deferredshadingrenderer.cpp:1133]
UE4Editor_Renderer!RenderViewFamily_RenderThread() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\scenerendering.cpp:1355]
UE4Editor_Renderer!TGraphTask<FRendererModule::BeginRenderingViewFamily'::17’::EURCMacro_FDrawSceneCommand>::ExecuteTask() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:753]
UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasks() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:430]
UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:273]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:284]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:385]
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:73]
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::GuardedRun() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:26]
kernel32
ntdll

Hi,

Can you check for any of the software on our Software Conflicts page?

Also would you mind attaching your dxdiag? (I know you included your specs, but we like to include it for bug reports)

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

I’m sorry I missed your response. I don’t see any software conflicts. I have uninstalled Unreal in favor of Cryengine. I am not experiencing any problems with that engine currently. I will check out Unreal when there have been more improvements and bug fixes. We simply do not have the resources available to spend on buggy software.