Memory leak in UE 5.2

Hello everyone!
Today I’ve been programming for near eight hours straight and noticed something relating to my memory usage. Over the time span my in-use memory went from 3,600mb to 8,700mb. I restarted my editor and it dropped back down to 3,600mb but I was wondering if anyone else experienced this and if so, how do I fix it so at least the packaged version of my game is clear?

I would like to state that this happened even whilst the editor was idle.

Ok, this is starting to actually become irritating. I have to keep restarting the engine and it’s messing with my workflow. Any ideas guys?

1 Like

Hello!

So, I don’t actually think it’s a memory leak. Unreal is programmed to use as much memory as possible (while, at the same time, relinquishing memory should other programs need them; I’ve tested this). So you could have all the memory RAM and VRAM in the world, and you’ll still end up with Texture Pool errors and their ilk.

This being the latter.

I always restart the Engine after a few hours.

1 Like

Thank you for getting back to me! I don’t have any tools to really test this other than the built in system. So, thank you for clarifying!

1 Like

I’m sorry, I’m so tired, how do I mark as solution here?

Hm, still don’t see it, hang on.

1 Like

Haha.

I feel your pain.

There’s a solution button on responses.

1 Like

Am I missing something? I put a photo of what I’m seeing in the last post.

1 Like

No, you’re not missing anything.

Sometimes the site, for whatever reason, fails to generate the “SOLUTION” button.

You might see it later today or tomorrow. I’ve experienced the same in the past.

Good luck!

1 Like

This is the strangest memory leak related thread