Memory issue when allocating dll exported class on the heap

I’ve statically linked a .dll to my project that exports a class with a C interface using no Unreal specific types. I created an Actor class that exposes a BlueprintCallable method that allocates the exported class on the heap (“new”), calls one of its methods to retrieve some data, and then deallocates it (“delete”). When I create a Blueprint that gets an instance of the Actor and calls the BlueprintCallable method, one of the two exceptions is thrown at random:

Unhandled exception at 0x000007FED1BF1789 (UE4Editor-Core.dll) in UE4Editor.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x000000010000AC44.
Unhandled exception at 0x000007FECDD608FF (UE4Editor-SlateCore.dll) in UE4Editor.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x000000010000AC44.

When I instantiate my exported class on the stack however, the exceptions aren’t thrown. Within the exported class I also allocate and free memory. Perhaps this is causing memory to become corrupt?

Make sure the DLL is built to use the same runtime library as UE4 (which depends on the chosen UE4 build configuration), you may find my post on building a UE4 compatible static lib useful (most of it applies to DLLs too).