Memory Issue - Editor And Build

Hi! I am trying to fix this issue I have with my current project, but I cant seem to pin point the problem exactly; ChatGPT only tells me to update my Engine, which is up-to-date and verified multiple times. However, I still get a crash (editor and builts) but its very infrequent, but its happen often enough to be a major problem. I cant seem to replicate it, because it happens randomly during runtime - not when the player stands still, its during walking, interacting etc. BUT after it crashes, most of the time, the game can be played normally then without issues, but also sometimes it crashes right away after restarting. Here is the error message I get when I play the built;

1. FATAL ERROR!
  2. LowLevelFatalError [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\HAL\MallocBinned2.cpp] [Line: 1438]
    FMallocBinned2 Attempt to realloc an unrecognized block 0000021FE9CF0000 canary == 0x0 != 0xe3

Can someone direct me into the direction I need to investigate to solve this issue? I already looked at the profiler and in editor, the memory also stays inside 7gb, without any spikes or drops…

1 Like