Mem File missing from HTML5 Package

Greetings, I am trying to upload and load my html5 game on and through Github. In the readme file it says that I require a mem file, and everyone else uploading their html5 game on github show that they have the file. Everytime I package my third person character html5 package, it generates no Mem file. Can anyone help me understand why? and how I can make the mem file show up in my Html5 packaged folder?

If you export to WebAssembly only, then the generated project will have a .wasm file, which embeds inside it the contents of the .mem file, so a separate .mem file will not be needed. Only if you are exporting to asm.js will there be a .mem file. I believe the readme is dated from asm.js era.

In the future when WebAssembly gets multithreading, it is possible that the .mem file comes back even for WebAssembly in order to optimize memory usage in multithreaded scenarios, but in singlethreaded scenarios it is more optimal to not have a separate .mem file, but embed it in .wasm.

If you are generating an asm.js only build but are not getting a .mem file, then something has gone wrong (and I expect the project would not run even(?)).

Thank you for responding, So are you saying I don’t need a MEM file launch my HTML5 game through github?

Whether the project is hosted on Github or not does not interact to whether a .mem file is needed. Independent of where the built project is hosted, a .mem file is needed if the project is exported to .asm.js (and in the future when exporting to multithreaded .wasm). When exporting to the current singlethreaded .wasm, the .mem file is not needed.