Megascan Trees issue with Procedural Foliage Spawners? UE5.1

Thank you, but to be very clear for newbies like myself, the way to get there is a little longer . If there is a shorter way PLEASE, somebody post it. Until then this is how I got to it: select one tree with the problem, then with CTRL+B get to the mesh location, double click on it, in the right panel is Details, just double click on one of the ball materials, another windows opens, then go down until you see General and under it Parent. Double click on the ball material, another window opens and the same , find General and under it Parent. Doble click on that ball material (MA_Foliage) and a blueprint will open. Find the node with name MF_SimpleWind and double click on it. Another blueprint opens. Find a box with the name Main Rotator and there you will see a node ObjectPivotPoint. Double click on it and another blueprint opens. Here is where you must make the modification as in the picture above. Select TransformPoistion and click on the little down arrow to show all options and in Source menu select Instance & Particle Space. Hit Apply in upper left corner and go back to your Foliage editor.

1 Like

There was a shorter way posted earlier in the forum

Great. Thanks

I’m a total n00b with UE but I think this isn’t necessary anymore. Megascan Trees have both <Forest/Saplings/Field>_xy actors (under SimpleWind) and <Forest/Saplings/Field>_xy_PP ones (under PivotPainter). I was having this (forum link or reddit link) same problem until I replaced all the SM Foliage used by the Procedural Foliage Spawner with their _PP counterparts. Now the spawned trees behave normally again.

2 entierly different rendering methods with 2 vastly different performance costs.
Careful what you do / bench.

1 Like