Megagrant applications are not reviewed.

The EpicMegaGrant is nothing than a joke and here is the proof.

In December 2023, I applied for a EpicMegaGrant for the Youtube channel of my company. I made a video application (and provided the transcript, in English, just in case). The video has been watched by me right after and let like this, with 1 view.

As time was pretty long for an answer, I asked via email few days ago if my application was still here (in case they had a problem or anything). I just received a negative answer.

The problem : my video application is still at 1 view. So no one watched it, or even tried once. My application was just refused without even consider it.

You can apply as much as you want, you have big chance to just be dropped, surely because they have too much application to be able to review all of them. Here is the real reason about “we are unable to provide feedback for any particular application”… Of course you can’t without even review them.

I don’t care about a negative answer, but not even being considered after the effort I put into learning Unreal Engine and transmit this knowledge to others, it’s just a spit in the face.

Stop saying that anyone have a chance, it’s a lie. Only people with enough popularity are considered, others are ignored.

Perhaps they do not even consider this a valid application?

There are several EpicMegaGrant for youtube channel, included in french. The only difference is their number of viewer…

I understand how you’re feeling. I totally get how frustrating it is when you’ve put in so much time and effort into something, and then it gets rejected. I’m sure they’re flooded with submissions, so it takes a lot of time to process them all. It seems like the MegaGrant initiative isn’t a high priority for Epic now, so the team involved is probably small. We waited several months before someone reached out to us, and then waited another few months before we finally got rejected with the Unreal Bucket project. At first, it was demotivating and felt like a waste of time for our team. However, we took that as a lesson and improved our “promo materials”.
Anyway, don’t give up on your project if you believe in it. Keep up the good work and enjoy the process.
Good luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If an application isn’t valid, it can be rejected immediately.

Many interns would likely be eager to work with the Epic team for the experience alone. Why not hire a few interns to handle 80% of the applications (the less promising ones)? This would allow the experienced team to focus on the remaining, higher-quality ones.

It’s remarkable that Unreal Engine performs better than the company itself. I wonder how that’s possible.