Mega Nature Pack

Yep, that’s true. :slight_smile:

power of two -> e.g “8”, “16”, “32”, “64”, “128”, “256”, “512”, “1024”, “2048”

After purchasing multiple terrain/nature packs, I’m quite weary of everything out there.

I find it a bit concerning that things are being released with things like 3000 x 3000 textures not ringing alarm bells. has anyone tried contacting the maker of this pack, people should not have to ask for help on the forum to fix something the bought on the marketplace they should be able to go strait to the maker with problems.

As far as I know Manufactura4k doesn’t give a **** about the post-sale support. He doesn’t really care about complexity of products either ( see other topics about problems with lack of collision in the assets ).
I cannot really complain so much about NatureMegaPack, because it’s excellent bang for a buck. There are few issues but can be fixed with not so much effort. The biggest problem is the lack of wind effect for trees - and fixing that may be really time consuming, since the only way to fix seems like exporting each tree into 3d modelling software as 3ds or blender and editing it manualy by adding vertex groups.

About 3000x3000pix texture - fortunately, I have found that there is only one such texture in the pack ( altough many objects in the pack use it ) so fixing one texture fixes problem for most tree assets.
I have already solved this problem and it’s quite easy to do - I will post a tutorial later when I get home, if someone want’s me to?

There is some nice landscape material setup inside pack too.

1. You could also create a mask out of the texture so that it just moves at certain positions -> then use a lerp node
  2. Yep, that would be helpful for people that buy this package :slight_smile:

Thanks for the ongoing dialogue on this. I’m new to the engine and come from an art background. I am very happy with regard to the amount of content in the pack, the relative res of textures (which beat the Countryside pack I also bought) and the colour palette on all the assets (again, something that is often overlooked). Obviously though, I’m quite naive on some of the technical aspects.

Hey! Looks like there was some kind of update a while ago :slight_smile:
Anyone knows the details ?

I have the same question as wielkiczarnyafgan , no changelog?

I have impression that Branch_pine1 resolution was scaled down to 2048x2048pix, to remove flickering, but I have to check this when I get home.

It should be tested prior to being put on the marketplace. Epic has to do a better job with the content being placed on the marketplace, because I know i’m a noob without a lot of cash and a lot of what I read about the asset’s makes me hesitant to spend my money.

New version came out today - again no changelog i can see ? Does anyone have a clue whether we should bother updating it?