Medieval Village

Hi!! I’m starting a new project, which is an environment. My idea is to make a medieval village which is divided by a river and on either side is the village market. Around what would be the center, you can find the houses of the villagers. There will be different props such as beer barrels, fruit, weapons, wheelbarrows, etc.

I hope you like the idea and stay tuned for more updates!

2 Likes

-Week 2-
This week I started with the houses, which I made with a modular system. Then I did the first texturing pass.

-Week 2-

This week I continued working on the modular system. I’ve changed the roof, putting two different versions, and also I did 3 more different versions of the first floor. I also did a variation of the position of the windows. Once I finished with this part, I did the stone wall for the river.

1 Like

Hi there @Dxae,

Hope you’re well and having a wonderful week so far :slight_smile:

Love the layout and scale of the village so far - it actually reminds me a bit of Attack on Titan in such a lovely way. I’m stoked to see your next update!

1 Like

Hi @PresumptivePanda, thank you!!

1 Like

-Week 3-

This week I’ve focused on doing a first pass of the floor, I’m not sure if I like the result of the texture, so I don’t know if I will change it. I also did a first pass of the water, but I had some problems due to the UV, so I have to correct that. On the other hand, the stairs will be the last thing that I will do with the modular system. It was also hard to find a texture for the stairs that matched with the floor, that’s why I’m not sure if I found the right combo.

Hi there @Dxae !

Looking through the project I can say that your texturing is coming along quite well. I also love your setup for your market. Were you inspired by any market style in particular or did you just find it suits your idea best?

Hi @The_M0ss_Man!
Tanks!! Well to set up the market I just started doing some test when I was working on the idea. One thing I was clear about was that I didn’t want to have a plain village, so I thought about adding stairs and a platform. Once I had that, I thought it would be a great idea to place something important at the center of the village scene. That’s how I came up with the idea of the market!

-Week 4-

This week I’ve focused on carrying on with the individual assets and on the lighting.

The first one is the arch, which I did on zbrush to be able to accomplish the effect of stone on the edges.

The second asset was the bridge with the streetlights, this last ones I did the texture in Substance.

The third asset were the market stalls, I did two versions so it wouldn’t be too repetitive.

And last but not least I started with the vehicle which I did the low poly and high poly.

On the other hand, I began to work on the lighting. My idea was that it was dusk, this way I could also add other light sources such as streetlights.