Medieval village market

Hello everyone!
I come to present the new project I’m going to be working on, which is about an environment.
The idea is to make a medieval village, specifically the mercantile and tavern streets. With a mercantile cart. In these streets you will also find various stores such as florist, blacksmith, bakeries…

1 Like

Hello everybody!!!
This week I have been working on the modular system of the houses and I have made a very quick first pass of the textures.

Regarding the modular system I have decided to do it by floors, that is the houses are divided in 4 floors ( First Floor , Second Floor , Third Floor and Roof) and then you have the modular pieces like the chimneys and dormer windows.

1 Like

Hi there @Skytthen !

Medieval markets are always so beautiful to create. There can be so much personality depending on your own preferences so I’m actually quite excited to see how this will turn out.

I know the buildings are still a work in progress, but I was a little curious about your process and pans going forward. Once you start adding in the smaller details will you be adding some plants along some of the walls or perhaps even some lattice styled foliage?

At the moment the idea is to add potted plants in the windows, and yes, also some vines on the walls.

1 Like

Hello!!
This week I have continued with the modular system of the houses, making correctly the UVS of each part and assigning the correct textures.

In addition I have made some very subtle changes in the streets so that the houses are not all in the same line of heights, I have made them to be on a small inclination or in the case of the other street that they are at two heights.

Because of this subtle change I have made two other modular pieces: the foundations of the houses and the stairs.

Hello everyone!!!
This week I have been working on the arches, the floor and the floor elevation.

1 Like

Hello everyone!
This week I have been working on the hero asset: the merchant cart. And made the first lighting pass.

I have modeled it in Maya and textured it in Substance painter .

I still need to add the light to the lanterns, put the potions on the shelves and the plants in the pots.

1 Like

Hello everyone!
This week I have been finishing the texturing of the merchant cart.
I have modeled the market stalls , the tables and chairs and have given them a first texture pass.
I have also modeled the awnings