Medieval Resort

Hello!
My name is Reyhane Salekfard and I started a new project for my school (Universal Arts school).

This project It’s about a small medieval resort hidden in the deep dark forest. A place to spend the night when the day is almost over.
The main path to the resort is the suspension bridge that leads us to the entry.

This is my second showcase, the first one was a Western town that I uploaded almost year ago; Also like that project I will update you every week so can see the entire project process from start to finish.

Here you can see my references so far and the blocking in unreal engine.

1 Like

Hi, :smiley:
Here is the first update of the project;
well, I started with upper floor of main building in the resort and so far worked on the wall, windows,front design and etc. that you can see in following images.In the next step I’m still going to work on this part, adding handrails,floor for the balcony and texturing.

see you next week. :wink:

1 Like

Hi there @reyhane2s,

Hope you’re well and having a great week so far :slight_smile:

I don’t think I’ve ever tried to picture a medieval resort but this is so genuinely cool. The reference photos alone seem like they’re ripped out of a fairytale. I can’t wait to see what the final product looks like :smiley:

Thank you!! I also hope you enjoy the result! :smiley:

1 Like

this is the second week of working on the Medival resort project.
During the last week, I worked more on the front view and added more details in blocking in Unreal.
First of all I modeled the entrance door and other assets like railings, planks and etc.
Then as I was working on blocking I made ambient more clear for myself to know where the lights gonna be.
For the walls materials I decided to use plaster for upstairs and bricks for down and the structure of the building is all wood.
Here are some bookmarks in Unreal and Modular kit that I used in the scene.

1 Like

Oh wow, this is stunning so far. Not at all what I was picturing, but so much better. Super impressive :slight_smile: I can’t wait to see what the results look like :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! :smiley: :pray:t3:

1 Like

Hi, this is the 3rd update! :grinning:
So let’s start with lighting, I worked on the first pass of lighting , overall bluish color of the scene and exponential fog and a little bit of fill light.

The main asset that I worked on was the Bridge! The model and texture is almost done but still needs more details on it.
I added torches on the scene beside the bridge and textured other assets like the window, upper floor walls, roof and etc.
So here you can see my progress so far in Unreal bookmarks and some of the assets That I worked on during the last week.

1 Like

Update #4 :smiley:
In the last few days I majorly worked on first pass of landscape(forest sculpt and the pond).

• The gate and upper doors in the main building are modeled and textured.
  • added more details on blocking. (location of the cabins, how they are connected and where the lights gonna be)
  • And the last asset that I just started to work on is the Water wheel which you can find it on the left side of the scene in pictures below.
    See you next week! :wink:

1 Like

Update #5

Hi,
In the last week,

• I added Trees in the forest.
  • worked on the Cabin on the right side.
  • organized the walls of the main building with three materials(wood,brick and concrete)
  • And I started to add arches underneath the buildings and still working on it.
  • So here you can see some bookmarks and assets I made.
    Until next week, :wink:

1 Like

Hey again @reyhane2s,

Hope you’ve been having a stellar week! :slight_smile:

I’m obsessed. This looks spectacular. The misty ambiance and warm lighting - just gorgeous. I’m stoked to see what you come up with next week :smiley:

1 Like

Happy to see you like it thank you! :smiley: :pray:t3:

1 Like

Update #6

• So, in the last week I started to work on foliage but it’s kind of testing not a final result!
  • I almost done with the Waterwheel modeling and texturing which is on the left side of the main building.
  • As you can see I replaced the older cottage to bigger one on the right side to have a different design for a public use place near the dining area then moved the cabins to the left side.
  • I was thinking about having another bridge in the scene so I added one in between main building and the first cabin ; And from there we can get to the upper one.
  • For the arches, the modeling is almost done and what is I’m still working on is vertex painting that of them on the left side is finished.
  • Also organized railings.
    Well, I hope I mentioned all! :sweat_smile: So my next task will be dining area!

See you next week!

1 Like

Hello!

Update #7

Well in this update,you can see I made some assets for dining area:

• table
  • chair
  • stool
  • and bench
    And I changed the floor texture but still need working.
    Unfortunately that’s it for this week! But next week I’ll be back with more progress! :wink:

Here you can see bookmarks and assets!

1 Like

Update #8
So In this week I mostly worked on fixing foliage on the roofs, arches and increasing Fps.

Update #9
Hello! :grinning:

Well during this week I changed the cabin on the right side because of two reasons first of all,in the beginning I had an idea that there will be a place for public use .secondly, I needed more Medieval elements in this resort so I moved the old one to the left side and made a new one instead.

So for that added new assets like arches, railings,pots,shade and etc.

I added the last table in dining so from now on I will add details on the tables.
Here is the round table;

Also painted some walls with two materials brick and concrete .However,some of them are still remained. :wink:

Lastly, here is some bookmark of this week progress;

1 Like

Update #10
Hi, so in this week I mostly worked on vertex painting of arches and floor.

Then I added more assets in dining area,

Also expand that area to add that area to have a space to add stairs to upstair.

And at the end here are some bookmarks,
Have a nice week. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi again @reyhane2s,

So nice to see an update for this! :smiley:

The moon light is honestly just art. It’s done so well at the technical level. It adds such a “dreamlike” quality to the environment. Brilliant work - as always! Just out of curiosity, do you currently plan on creating any erosion/plantlife effects on the foundations where the walls meet the water? It feels magical currently without those effects so just wondering if its intentional :slight_smile:

Thank you for your kind comments as always! :grinning:
Well, no I didn’t think of that! That’s a great suggestion I’ll consider it.