Media player won't work on other devices

Hi!

So i have a media player as a background for my UI and it works fine in my editor/build. However, when I sent the build to my friend the media player doesn’t play the video. I also tried it on another device i had and same happened. What could be the reason for this to happen?

Make sure your media file is included in the packaging process.
Easiest way: Move the file into /Content/Movies.

Or you could try if ‘Specific movies to Package’ inside the Project Settings / Packaging works. (see screenshot)

1 Like

Hey There! I have checked and the file is in the movies folder.

Strange.

Then the files - at least in my case - are inside the packaged build folder:
/Project/WindowsNoEditor/Project/Content/Movies

Same for you? Or empty?
Maybe you can add that specific path to the Packaging part inside the project sections anyway. Who knows, it may help :slight_smile:

Yeah, it’s in my packaged build. Strange that the media player doesn’t work. I could try redoing the media player blueprint and it might just work.

Strange Strange.

May share your Blueprint setup? Maybe we can find something that could cause troubles. But right now I’ve no clue :slight_smile:

It’s nothing much really. Just an open source node connected from a media player variable and event beginplay

I’m gonna try remaking this and media player then packaging it

Maybe somethings wrong with the File Media Source asset?
You have the /Content/Movies path as File Path?

If yes, I’m afraid I cant help :nerd_face: I slowly remember having similar problems when I packaged my last project that included some movie files. But the ‘Specific movies to Package’ helped there. :slight_smile:

Yes, i have /Content/Movies path as File Path. I tried the ‘Specific movies to Package’ but it didn’t help.

I just did everything Media Player related from start and it worked. I don’t know how. Maybe you were right, File Media Source asset or Media Player asset might had issues…

Anyways, Thank you for your replies :smile:

Glad it worked!

I remember having similar issue with Media Player back when i tried out Early Access version of UE5. That was a bug. Maybe something related to that?

Maybe. :nerd_face:
A bug now and then keeps us motivated, right?