Media Player rewind jumps to the end

Hi all,

Simple enough issue, I have a media texture that’s set to play forwards using W, pause when released and resumes from the same point when pressed again.

My problem is, when pressing S to reverse the media it instead jumps to the end of the footage, plays backwards but does not play backwards from the last paused point. After releasing S the footage jumps back to where the original forwards motion paused at.

I’ve used .mov and .avi so far as media sources.

I’ll attach my BP, from what I’ve read though this should be very simple.

I think set rate doesn’t work:

I also tried it just now, no go.

I just tried it with a simple movie on a cube. Didn’t work.

The link shows this has been happening a while.

So is this something with 4.24 or a long running issue? I am actually playing back 360 footage but nothing that was made in UE4 merely a video of 360 footage on a sphere.

was it actually reversing for you or jumping to the end point like it’s been doing for me?

I’ll have to try again with an image sequence but I am sure I’d have had it working before now if it did work with image sequence.

That’s all good, just when the documentation states that this should work and it doesn’t then that’s a little annoying.

But I’m still very open to it being my fault.

I did stop dead, but I don’t know at which point ( because I don’t know the vid that well… ).

I have tinkered with vids before in UE and found there’s a lot of different ways of doing things, some work, some don’t. But usually you can get it to do what you want in some way…

I know I’m a little late, but maybe it can be useful to someone else. Some formats like mp4 and I don’t know which others seem to dislike the change of playback rate, in particular the reverse playback does not work when you set the value to -1. But the same video loaded as a frame sequence in Img Media Source works. I used the png format. It is also advisable to keep the sequences in a separate subfolder from the Unreal media player files, otherwise there may be an error opening the video.