Media player Open Url crashes android game

Hello,

I know there is ongoing overhaul of media player but I want to be sure this one will be fixed in new version.

Repro steps are super easy:

1. Create empty mobile code project
  2. Create and setup your custom player controller and game mode
  3. Create new media player asset and set looping to false (not sure if this is needed)
  4. In Player controller create new variable Media player and assign there you media player asset
  5. Place variable in graph and create Open Url node with some url (I used http://dreamlo.com) , connect it to begin play, so game will crash on startup.
  6. Package game for ETC1 (I have not tested other modes)
  7. Run on android

I noticed sometimes there does not even need to be open url there, just media player variable with assigned asset is enough to crash the game, not sure when it happens

This is not happening with the latest code (which we haven’t pushed to Master yet).

Hey Skylonxe,

Could you provide me with a bit more clarity, as your steps are a bit confusing?

I recently had a user reporting a similar issue with his project, and he resolved it by calling the Media Player to open in a different way.

Video Media Texture not Working

Could you perhaps convey what exactly you are attempting to do with your particular setup? There are always ways to do something differently, and perhaps the route you are taking can be done in an easier and more effective way.

Let me know if you have further questions or need additional assistance.

Cheers,