Media Player doesn't work directly on mesh material

Hello,

I have a strange problem with the media player: if I put it on a plane it works instead on one of the materials of my mesh doesn’t; scripting is the same…

eg. I wanted to set up a screensaver on a computer and to do that I had to put a plane on top of the screen because if I set it as screen material it would stay black. Is there a way to set the media player directly to a mesh material?

Thank you!

Here’s a quick tutorial to double check when setting up the media player to work on a material you didn’t skip over anything. Also don’t forget to call “Open Source” in you level blueprint off of begin play. You should be able to place it on a mesh in the world, but I don’t think the media player will work in the mesh’s window.

Setup media player on mesh material: How To Play A Video On A TV With Sound - Unreal Engine 4 Tutorial - YouTube

Open Source documentation: https://docs.unrealengine.com/4.27/en-US/BlueprintAPI/Media/MediaPlayer/OpenSource/

Thanks for the reply.

I saw the video, I found something new: I didn’t set the material expression texture base on the material. Now I can preview the video but unfortunately it still doesn’t work.

I think there isn’t a problem in the blueprint - but I don’t know why it doesn’t work on the mesh material but yes on a plane with the same scripting. Where am I going wrong?

SOLVED:

The problem wasn’t in the UE but I didn’t unwrap it in Blender because it was a downloaded 3D model. I then unwrapped the display and now it works!