Maya Live Link Plugin Linux compile

Hey,
I would like to know if it would be possible for you guys to compile the Maya Live link also for linux. We are using Live Link successfully right now with the downside that our workflow is linux based and we don’t have all the tools we need when we switch to Maya on Windows.
We created a setup where we Live Link characters and a camera rig from Maya to Unreal and we can setup cameras with the proper preview in Unreal.

Thanks

Did this go anywhere? Also how did you use live link without having it compiled for linux?

Hey,
I’m trying to compile this plugin under Linux and got the following errors:

In file included from /home//workspace/builds/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Programs/MayaLiveLinkPlugin/MayaLiveLinkPlugin.cpp:3:
In file included from /home//workspace/builds/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Runtime/Launch/Public/RequiredProgramMainCPPInclude.h:5:
In file included from /home//workspace/builds/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Public/CoreMinimal.h:93:
/home//workspace/builds/UnrealEngine2/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Public/Containers/Map.h:97:2: error: static_assert failed due to requirement ‘THasGetTypeHash<unsigned long>::Value’
“TMap must have a hashable KeyType unless a custom key func is provided.”
static_assert(THasGetTypeHash<KeyType>::Value, “TMap must have a hashable KeyType unless a custom key func is provided.”);
^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home//workspace/builds/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Public/Containers/Set.h:216:19: note: in instantiation of template class ‘TDefaultMapHashableKeyFuncs<unsigned long, unsigned long, false>’ requested here
typedef typename KeyFuncs::KeyInitType KeyInitType;
^
/home//workspace/builds/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Public/Containers/Map.h:686:17: note: in instantiation of template class ‘TSet<TTuple<unsigned long, unsigned long>, TDefaultMapHashableKeyFuncs<unsigned long,
unsigned long, false>, FDefaultSetAllocator>’ requested here
ElementSetType Pairs;

I build it with clang witch included in UnrealEngine:

Engine/Extras/ThirdPartyNotUE/SDKs/HostLinux/Linux_x64/v13_clang-7.0.1-centos7/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/clang++

Can someone helps me to figure out what I’m missing?

Here is some files for compile in sandbox

Hey,
I compile plugin and load it to maya2018. But when I run unreal and pick out Message Bus Source then maya crashes. Work in progress…

Thank you !!! I’ve been working on the beginnings of a BlenderLiveLinkPlugin and have been running into the “recompile with -fPIC” issue during the linking of my library for all of yesterday. It didn’t occur to me to check in the ThirdPartyNotUE directories to see if there were shared library objects already compiled with that option.

I know this doesn’t solve the original poster’s issue given that their workflow is set up using Maya, but I just wanted to thank you for linking to the repo.