Maximum Pitch Look Glitch???

Okay so I don’t know if this is a glitch or not but it needs to be fixed. If you guys know how to fix this I would be so grateful. Basically, if you look all the way up and then back down or any direction it will mess up the camera by tilting the screen right or left. I will show my blueprint also. Hopefully, you can figure it out.

There seems to be a constant problem with rotations and 90 degrees.

I believe this could be something called Gimbal Lock. If it is, I have no idea how to fix it, but you can go diving into google if you want. :slight_smile:

Could you elaborate on this Gimbal Lock? I searched google and it didn’t explain it well.

Youtube videos are probably better to visualize it.

From what I gather, it seems to happen when two of your rotation axis align with each other. I don’t encounter it that much since I don’t usually make first person games, but I’ve heard the term on occasion on various Unreal forums.

I’m afraid I’m really not versed on this subject more than simply informing people that “bad things at 90 degree angles are probably gimbal lock.” But, I’m sure if you look up gimbal lock on Unreal forums (including this very one) someone has to have explained how to fix it before, surely.

EDIT:
Here, I found a youtube video just for you :slight_smile: