Matinee Movie - Rendering Options

We all know that Unreal Engine 4 is more than just an engine to create games, it’s also a great tool to create visualisations and other crazy effects. I’ve got a cracking idea for matinee movie rendering which would speed up development process for myself and thousands of others.

It would be great if you could add an option to where you would like to render your movies to as well as what type of encoding you would like to have. I stick all of my projects on my SSD, but when rendering a movie in matinee I have to move my project folder over to my HDD so these chunky videos don’t fill up my SSD.

Having the renders in uncompressed .avi also dramatically slows down the time it takes to render. My HDD bottlenecks the rendering time, as I like to render out my videos in 4k. I have a 2 minute 4k video and it is 520gb. Performance wise, my computer is more than capable of running the scene in 4k. It’s just that the speed of my HDD isn’t fast enough to render the chunky 4k uncompressed videos.

It would be amazing if you could encode them in H.264 level 5.1 and be able to select the bitrate encoding amount. Similar to the export settings Adobe Premiere has. This would dramatically speed up rendering time and workflow.

For those people without a secondary disk or a big enough primary disk, they wouldn’t be able to render these huge uncompressed videos in the first place.

What do you guys think?

What to add:

• Export location
  • Encoding options
  • Bitrate settings
  • Video settings

Bump…

I still think this is an incredible feature that should be added to Unreal Engine. It’s a shame to see it go unnoticed.

Hi Mattyovers,

Thank you for your request, I have entered a few feature requests to be considered by the development staff; UE-9517, UE-9518, UE-9519.

[=Mattyovers;219199]
Bump…

I still think this is an incredible feature that should be added to Unreal Engine. It’s a shame to see it go unnoticed.
[/]

Brilliant idea!

[= ;219526]
Hi Mattyovers,

Thank you for your request, I have entered a few feature requests to be considered by the development staff; UE-9517, UE-9518, UE-9519.
[/]
Sorry for the bump but is there any more news on these features?

Hi Mattyovers,

Unfortunately, I do not have a timeframe of when these will be addressed.

is there any way that user and see the status of these things?

per haps Epic could share with the county how it is recording its cinematic? I mean you have given the engine out for free.

[=Mattyovers;207781]
We all know that Unreal Engine 4 is more than just an engine to create games, it’s also a great tool to create visualisations and other crazy effects. I’ve got a cracking idea for matinee movie rendering which would speed up development process for myself and thousands of others.

It would be great if you could add an option to where you would like to render your movies to as well as what type of encoding you would like to have. I stick all of my projects on my SSD, but when rendering a movie in matinee I have to move my project folder over to my HDD so these chunky videos don’t fill up my SSD.

Having the renders in uncompressed .avi also dramatically slows down the time it takes to render. My HDD bottlenecks the rendering time, as I like to render out my videos in 4k. I have a 2 minute 4k video and it is 520gb. Performance wise, my computer is more than capable of running the scene in 4k. It’s just that the speed of my HDD isn’t fast enough to render the chunky 4k uncompressed videos.

It would be amazing if you could encode them in H.264 level 5.1 and be able to select the bitrate encoding amount. Similar to the export settings Adobe Premiere has. This would dramatically speed up rendering time and workflow.

For those people without a secondary disk or a big enough primary disk, they wouldn’t be able to render these huge uncompressed videos in the first place.

What do you guys think?

What to add:

• Export location
  • Encoding options
  • Bitrate settings
  • Video settings

[/]

Hey Mattyovers,

I have gone ahead and entered a Feature Request for these suggestions. I kept most of your original text in the Feature Request to make sure nothing important was left out. Thank you for taking the time to write up this request, and we appreciate your patience while we look over the requested changes.

Cheers,