Matinee features

Hello UE4 dev team.

For our current production i’m creating a new Game/Gameplay Trailer for the upcoming Steam Early Access release. Within i stumbled into several issues (I usually use After Effects to compose rendered scenes with layers given from VRay). First…i love UE4’s capability of building cinematics in realtime. I don’t like (happy description) Matinee from the ground up. I wish i could code a two page long feature list into it (sadly, no coding skills so you are our only hope). I can read a lot of requests on UE4 AnswerHub since last year from a broad range of users with little or no response on quite important topics for cinematic artists.

Ok…enough of my rant/vent, here are my questions <3

• Can we render PNG’s with transparent BG in 4.9.2 yet? Even some experimental hidden command line action would work for me. We’re stuck dealing with black backgrounds atm.

• UE4 Layer system: The current layer system seems useless for Matinee since its still rendering all hidden layers. Is there a way to deactivate these during Matinee renderings? (I can’t make hundreds of single objects make hidden and invisible in game every time i need to render layers)

• Matinee curves: Is there a way to unlock the length of its white tangent curve handles? I try to explain it with a picture: http://prntscr.com/8mdbri When you see the current curve structure…the lower handle would have a length like the red one i’ve drawn, the white would get a similar curve like the drawn blue curve. At the moment without this feature its pretty impossible to tweak camera and game assets in a proper way and also result in wrong animation results using the Auto/Auto clamped feature.

I apologize for the long request, i just fear Matinee will end up being some unloved and lonely child right next to all the shiny game/editor/blueprint features. It deserves more epic awesomesauce.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!
Tobias

www.descendentstudios.com

Hello,

I suggest posting your requests here in order to get proper attention.

By the way, Epic is working on a new tool named Sequencer which will replace Matinee and be more functional.

Thank you Jacky!!