Matinee crashing on multiple sound tracks

Hey,

I keep getting a crash when adding multiple Sound tracks to Matinee. I’m trying to replicate it but it happens at different points each time.

• I have 8 Matinee groups, 6 of which have sound tracks for them.
  • I have UDK open as well as UE4 (I’ve tried shutting UDK but it still happens with just UE4 open so it’s not a PC performance issue I don’t think).
  • It seems to be when I’m adding a sound around the same point as another on a different track.
  • I’m also creating new cues (without saving package) as I add them to the Matinee which seems like it could be a reason since when I ‘save all’ before adding the cue it doesn’t happen.
  • I’m using UE4 v 4.2.1 & I’ve also submitted the crash report.
  • The main cause of the crash seems to be when I’ve added a key to the timeline, then with that key still selected, scrubbing the timeline bar.

I hope that’s specific enough! Sorry I can’t find an exact replication!

Howdy Pete,

Thank you for you submitting a bug report. I have been able to reproduce this crash with the 4.2.1 version of UE4. I also tested this in 4.3 and I was unable to get the crash. Have you attempted to recreate this in 4.3 or just in 4.2.1?

Thanks and have a great day!

Hey Sean,

Unfortunately our team hasn’t made the switch to 4.3 yet but we’ll be sure to make the switch soon! I thought it might have been fixed in a later version but I wasn’t able to check. I’ll be sure to let you know if I get the same issue in future versions.

I managed a work around by just adding keys to the timeline and manually setting the time. Works just fine.

Thanks for your speedy reply Sean. Have a great day yourself.

Hey Pete,

I am going to mark this issue as being resolved. When you do decide to make the switch into 4.3 and if the matinee causes any issues, please feel free to open this post again.

Thanks!