Material that switches between two textures?

Hi everyone, I’m working on an environment for class and I have been trying to get flipbook textures to work but haven’t had any success. My goal is to have a screen that displays an image sequence, something very simple (2 images that alternate back and forth) I took at look at a few videos on youtube like this one :frowning: Sprite Sheet Basic - How to import outside images sequences in UE4 - YouTube ) but I cant seem to make it work for me. Am I approaching this the wrong way or is there something other than flipbooks that I should be using? Thanks in advance!

About how to swtich flipbook textures I don’t know, but I know you can use the switch node with a staticboolparameter and change that via blueprint to change whatever you want. If that’s the way you want to go, I’m not sure.

Another way to do this is to use a linear interpolation node in the material and change the parameter in a blueprint. It’s not the best way to do it but it will get the job done. It is limited to 2 textures though. It’s possible to do more but i’m not sure of the method. Let me know if you would like me to expand on how to do it this way.

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but in case anyone comes looking for an answer here is a link to the blueprint I made to accomplish this.

2 Likes