Material stretching

Good afternoon, tell me how to avoid stretching the material when I change the shape of the geometry?

Use the texture coordinate node in the material editor, mutiply it with the input you need (for example two appended inputs) and put it into the UV value of your texture. Than you can create a material instance and customize you UV values to move your texture.

2 Likes

If you get the package working, you won’t have this problem.

Until then, you can use a world aligned texture:

2 Likes

Those. as I understand it, when I create objects in 3dsmax 3D packages, for example, there is also a polygonal mesh, as I understand it, Unreal Engine also has a polygonal mesh. But if you use the Scale tool, does the material stretch or does the mesh itself stretch too?

In UE, when you use the scale tool, the mesh is re-scaled, but with this package ( SuperGrid ), the material is coded to not stretch with the mesh.

1 Like

EDIT: Sorry, I had to edit the pic. Now it should be OK.

Hey, man. I found one tutorial online and this is how some of my materials are set up in my project:

I just copied the Master Material and changed it like so. So far, it has worked OK, but it depends on the original Material. Hope it helps.

1 Like