Material statistics not showing

Hello everyone,

I’m working in UE 5.8 and in the material editor, I can’t see the statistics I was used to have in the stats window with the number of instruction for exemple. Is it replaced by the Platform Stats? It doesn’t seem to show the same kind of stats…

Thank you for your enlightment :slight_smile:

Hi @Wats ,
I compared the Stats and Platform Stats panels in UE 5.6 and found that they report the same underlying information, just presented in a different format.

Based on that comparison, and on Epic’s commit history, it appears that in UE 5.8 the old Stats information was removed because its contents were already available through Platform Stats, which became the primary place to view shader statistics.

This is mentioned in Epic’s commit message:

“Remove on screen shader stat messages in the Material Instance Editor since this data was redundant with the existing Platform Stats docking tab.”

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/8c375d288d7aebff9c1827f9863849df4663fdc6

The same metrics that were previously shown in the Stats panel are available through Platform Stats.
For example, the Base pass shader entry in the Stats panel corresponds to the Pixel Shader Dynamically Lit Object Instruction Count entry in Platform Stats. Likewise, the other shader statistics can be mapped directly between the two panels.

This would also explain why the Stats tab is still present in UE 5.8 but no longer displays the information it used to show.

Hope it helps!

Hello @BRGEzedeRocco

Thank you very much for your nice and clear answer, appreciate it.