Material picker/selector

Hi!
Im not sure if anyone else would actually like to have this… but ill put the suggestion out there :).
Something that would be nice is a material-picker… and by that I mean a picker which lets you select a mesh/face which then selects the material in your content browser…
For instance you might have a large model which is combined as one huge mesh, but it includes a ton of different materials… then it takes quite some time to figure out which
face/faces belongs to which material. And thats where a nice material-picker/selector would be very handy.

Maybe this already is implemented but I have missed it?

Br,

2 Likes

+1! since been looking for a tool that works like “pick material from object”, and works on submaterials.

+1
Alternatively you could make the relevant part of the mesh highlight (or dim the others?) when you hover the mouse over particular material.
Or better yet - both! :smiley:

Honestly not at the top of my list, but of course having the option doesn’t hurt the workflow.

Till then , just go to the mesh viewer, enable wireframes and select each material at the right, it sure is not as convenience, but it gets the job done.

+1. A ‘material picker’ would be great.