Material not appear correct on other project

I’m using the materials from the material lab project into my project. All was working correct until today…

For some reason all the rounded corners has broke and none of the materials are correct inside my project. But if i open the material lab project is working without any problems.

Inside Material Lab project:

Inside my project:

I tried duplicating the project or reimporting the Material lab files again to my project but nothing works.

Did you migrate the material to the new project keeping the accompanying material functions?

In the new version you seem to have reduced instruction counts compared to the old version so I’m guessing the functions are broken.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s how I’m transferring the files

UIMaterialLab.zip (118.6 KB)

Not sure if this will be of any help but it’s the migrated button to a fresh project in 5.2 that works.

1 Like

Same thing…

Try removing the materials, clearing out your temp folders

• .vs (if c++)
  • Binary (if c++)
  • DerivedDataCache
  • Intermediate
  • Saved
    and copying over the material again.

Run the project and let it rebuild temp files.

Also is the target platform the same?
Are instructions being stripped out maybe due to

• it being on a lower shader model (is sm6 enabled in options?)
  • being exported to mobile
  • different RHI?
1 Like

Still not working… :frowning:

Does this has to do something with the UI materials??

Go into your project settings and type “sm6” into the search bar for D3d12 Targeted shader format and check the SM6 checkbox. You are probably only on shader model 5.

I asked specifically a post earlier about shader model 6. Guess you missed it.

I did it and again is not working

Create a new project and migrate it there. Check if it works. Then check your preferences in the not working project and compare it to the fresh one that should work.

I found a 3 days old backup of the project that everything works and i olny have SM5 enabled, and still works. I exported the settings of this project and imported them into the original one and still not working

I’m guessing something must have gotten corrupted with the project in that case.

After some android builds (not the first one) the new project has the same problem as the other one