Matching sliders to element visibility

Hi All!

I’m working on a project and have hit a little road block. I was hoping someone here could give me a nudge in the right direction.
A little background first. I work for a Contractor and our objective is to load a building model that has start and finish dates attached to the elements. Datasmith brings the metadata in fine and i’m able to access the data as expected. What I’d like to do now is start with all elements hidden and unhide / rehide them as I’m moving a slider that corresponds with the date.

Basically, the slider should represent a time line and as the slider moves from start to finish, the building is constructed.

My thought is to use excel to sort and order the schedule by finish date, then number the rows 1 through (#ofRows) creating a fDateNum column
now i can assign fDateNum to the model elements with the matching finish date.

In UE4 I’ll set the slider step to (1/#ofRows)

Now, take the slider value multiplied by (#ofRows), if that result is equal to an elements fDateNum value. The element should become visible.

for example,
I have an 8 day project. Foundations on day 1 , Plumbing on day 2, Floor slabs on day 3 , and Walls on day 4, etc… All elements have a parameter attached with a value between 1 and 8. Foundations = 1 , Plumbing = 2, Slabs = 3, Walls =4, etc…

In UE4, the slider step is set to 1/8 or .125

When the slider moves one step , the value =.125 and .1258 = 1. Now all elements whos parameter = 1 becomes visible and stays visible until the slider bar value8<1

My question is, where do I start? How should i organize such a task for best performance and response. Should i create events in the level blueprint or the widget the slider is on…

Thanks in advance for suggestions and tips too.

-S