Match with this Bone in previous clip in UE5

I can’t seem to get the “Match with this Bone in previous clip” to work in my animation sequence. The next animation always goes back to the original start point of the previous animation.

Any help or advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
MK

I’m having the exact same problem.

I’m having the same problem but only with animations that have been re-targeted with the IKRetargeter. Root motion enabled, disable, picking other bones – nothing works. Original animation matches bone with previous clip in sequencer but retargeted animation is broken.

…turns out picking the pelvis or hips works for my skeletons

2 Likes

+1, thanx!

1 Like

No idea why it works that way but the basic advice is to try to match by some other bones: pelvis, hips or some foot.
And make sure you have correct position of the cursor in sequencer - it will use exactly this position to make a match.

1 Like

“make sure you have correct position of the cursor in sequencer - it will use exactly this position to make a match” This right here was the life saver of life savers. Make sure you are at the middle of the transition between the animations when you right click and select match previous bone

1 Like

I think I found a solution, try to move/merge the anm clip in the previous clip and then pick a bone.