Master Pose Component

Hello,

I want to be able to switch und add Clothes to my Character and read that this is possible with the so called “Master Pose Component”. I have no idea how that is supposed to work and haven’t seen any Documentation or Screens on how to use it. I have a Character and my Cloth Mesh and both are Skeletal Meshes. For the Master Pose Component you need to have a “Skinnes Mesh Component” for the “New Master Bone Component” but I have no idea how to add one or how to convert my cloth into one.
Can someone help me and tell me how to set this stuff up correctly so I am able to Add/Switch/Delete different Cloths at runtime with Blueprints?

Thanks in advance!

Ich have the following Set-Up which I thought would work but apperently it doesn’t.

786ebfcbcad7607ca7acfbc4e39c035ec05651a0.jpeg

The Character is my Character in the “MyCharacter” Blueprint and the “T-Shirt Mesh” is my T-Shirt I want to put on my Character. The “T-Shirt Skinned” is an empty “Skinnes Mesh Component” which I wanted to insert my T-Shirt Mesh into and apply it to the Character with the help of the Master Pose Component. But it’s not working this way.

bumping :slight_smile:

bumping!

Tried multiple things so for, but nothing worked. In the end T-Shirt skinned is always “none”.

bumping!

No one knows what do to?

Nearly a Week now. Does really no one knows what to do not even Epic themselfes? :wink: Or is my Thread just getting looked over all the time.

bump, bumping.

Bumping again.

Solution

Hi,
I recently comes across the same problem, and find a solution.
Your mesh must be a master pose for additional parts.

Thanks a lot that works!