Master branch, Linux, HLSLCC needs Clang 3.8?

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 which only has Clang 3.5 and have been working with the Github 4.12 branch for some time.

Today I made a new branch off Github master, but after a fresh check-out, Setup.sh fails to build HLSLCC. The BuildThirdParty.log file indicates that’s it’s trying to use clang-3.8 to do this, which I do not have.

Is there a way to fix this to use clang-3.5, or should I try to manually install 3.8?

Yours blocked,

Simon Eves (my first proper UDN post!)

I tried to manually install Clang 3.8, but the APT mirror on llvm.org is temporarily down! (sigh)

I worked around it by creating symlinks in /usr/bin for clang-3.8 and clang+±3.8 that just point to 3.5.

Setup.sh is then able to compile HLSLCC and complete successfully, and the main build seems to use 3.5 anyway.

Leaving open, though, as something is still wrong for Ubuntu 14 users.

Fixed by integrating bits of pull request 2258. Fix will land in the master branch probably early next week.

P.S. This is not UDN :wink: AnswerHub is very similar to it though.

Oops. It’s not at all confusing that udn.epicgames.com and udn.unrealengine.com go to two different places. Not at all.

Mywegmansconnect is an online portal for the employees of Wegmans. mywegmansconnect.com login Through this portal, the employees can quickly gain access to the authority and get all information about the company. Wegmans was founded in 1916. Since then, they are providing their customers and employees with the best opportunities and services. It is a well-known supermarket chain in America. About 50,000 people are working under Wegmans, and about 90 stores are running in different states of America.

Panda helper is for those users, who don’t want to pay money for the premium apps that they can download for
free here https://thepandahelper.com/.

Panda helper is for those users, who don’t want to pay money for the premium apps that they can download for
free here https://thepandahelper.com/.
Panda helper VIP is also a version of this app store that you can get
from the original developers of the app. But the regular version also has almost all the features.
So, you can also enjoy the regular version.