Well here’s an LOD tooll we use in our game development pipeline which auto generates LOD’s with a click of a button. It can be configured and tweak for those that want a little more control. But as is it does an awesome job, it’s like wishing all of your meshes had LOD’s and boom done!
It was created in a Blueprint Form, since all operations are done internally and in editor only, Reason for not making it a plugin, so that it wouldn’t need updating or recompiling, Much easier to migrate over to newer versions of the engine. This has done wonders for our project.
- Drag The Tool into the scene
- Add folder name where your meshes are located or multiple folders
- Click generate, Wait and your done
- If your meshes doesn’t already have collisions you can also have the tool make collisions for all of your meshes simple or convex it’s up to you. That simple.
- Once your done remove the tool from the scene.
- It’s non-destructive
- Just awesome
tell me what you think, I’ve put this baby thru hell and back and works amazing over 10000 meshes in a little over a minute. Fast, Easy, just click and go.
I’ve uploaded a video where you can see it in action https://youtu.be/YaHsUNBU6UQ
if you think something like this would be useful for you in your project let me know here or on the YouTube Channel,** Now Available at the Marketplace.**
Easy LOD Maker V2 in Blueprints - UE Marketplace