Mass spawning actors unreliable

In my player character blueprint I have a reliable RPC that runs on server which spawns an actor at a random location.
On a key press I call the RPC and my actor is spawning as expected.
However, when I do the same in a for loop 200 times, I get some strange results.

When I do it as the listen server, all actors are spawning instantly, on the server and the client.

When I do it as a client, I get one of the following:

• Nothing happens, even if I try repeatedly
  • Nothing happens, if I try repeatedly actors are spawning on the server and the client
  • About 128 actors are spawning on the server, none at the client
  • 200 actors are spawning at the client, one after the other, none at the server

It doesn’t matter where the for loop is. I tried it right after the key press event (calling the RPC 200 times). And I tried it in the RPC itself (which is run on the server, so it shouldn’t make a difference if called from the server or from the client).

I don’t understand what the engine is doing here. If there is a rate limit somewhere, I would expect at least a consistent behavior. And how can it be the actors are spawning on the client but not visible on the server? I did verify the RPC is running on the server by doing a debug print.