Mask displacement?

Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to mask displacement from an RGB texture.

To put in context, I’m investigating ways to create nanite assets using a workflow that is as optimized as possible.

To texture large objects like houses, one way to do it is to mix several textures and end up creating an RGBA texture which, inside unreal, use it as a mask for the textures.
The thing is that I haven’t found a way to use that texture as a mask to apply displacement (yes, there is an option and it’s by doing a bake, but for really big objects will ended up in a low resolution details)

if someone knows how to do it in blender, it would still be helpful, but I haven’t found anything yet.

I think that if epic games introduce this option, it would be a very very useful tool.

This topic has been moved from International to Asset Creation.

When posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space. Hopefully, this new category helps you to get the answers you need! :slight_smile:

Please let me know if you’d prefer the post to be moved to a different category.
-Panda