Mars Police

**** loving the art style. I will follow this thread closely. :slight_smile:

Hi, hereā€™s the first in-game video.
the helicopter is not 100% done and itā€™s the only original geometry, everything else is a stand-in using epicā€™s starter content. concerning gameplay, the key stuff is working but needs a lot of polish (HUD especially) minor glitches with pickups, weapon accuracy, mouse drifting off-screen on a dual monitor setup ( really annoying ) and rope physics that suspend the character ( making him move without much glitches is a whole other story ) need moar workā€¦ still, iā€™m very happy with Blueprints :slight_smile:

fraps had some issues resulting in a crappy aspect ratioā€¦

Looks good but that camera shake gives you a headache.

tnx, right about the camera, itā€™s one of those ā€˜ā€˜omg itā€™s finally working so iā€™m going to Michael Bay itā€™ā€™ things. iā€™ll need to dampen it according to FOV alsoā€¦not sure about the camera lag too. tweaks tweaksā€¦

Is this still being worked on? :slight_smile:

hi guys,

long time no see,
iā€™ve been working on a character and some rocky landscape. the gameplay is still messy but at least itā€™s starting to resemble a game :slight_smile:

cheers!

more on: https://www.artstation.com/artist/brajan

Love your style :slight_smile: But like so many others here, you are over doing it with the post processing. The leather jacket is so ^^

tnx Pampers, i love Silly Soccer XD

are you talking about post process in general or just DOF or bloom? i think i wont enable dof in-gameā€¦hard to control :confused:

Major Cliff Hanngerā€¦Of course it isā€¦
Great updateā€¦We need to clone you so we can have more games created from your crazy mindā€¦

I was mostly referring to the chromatic aberration, which seems to be the bloom of this generation :slight_smile:

oh yes, itā€™s the new bloom. itā€™s much more intense in these widescreen screenshots but iā€™ll dial it down just in case : ))

tnx President!
the characterā€™s name is temporary but i think iā€™m keeping it :slight_smile:

hi,
small update;
tweaked the sky material, lighting and fog a bit, it never ends

didnt do much graphics lately but the gameplay improved quite a bitā€¦
cheers!

Koolio! waiting to see some gameplay :slight_smile:

finally made a bad guy. not sure about the color yet but iā€™m happy i made the key design directions for them. i swapped Earth for Mars so now youā€™re a martian cop ( a marshal?? ) defending a small colony from invaders coming from Earth.
hereā€™s a quick concept comp and a few shots in the level.

now that i finally have a bad guy iā€™ll try to capture some gameplay moments
cheers

this is insane! Great work, keep it up man :o

The main character looks very catchy. I like him :smiley:

I love the art, gj the greatwork :wink:

some occlusion and environments tweaks
as always, gameplay video is coming soon :smiley:

cheers!

biig update

hello!

this is called Mars Police nowā€¦it may change again so i wonā€™t bother with the logo just yet.

https://vimeo.com/152011287

note that this not a trailer and the actual gameplay is only in the shots where the UI is visible on screen. the rest is a simple cinematic mode that i made by attaching the camera to random AI objects while the game is running so i thought it would be nice to make a little movie. iā€™ll post the raw gameplay later which will disappoint eeeeeveryone :stuck_out_tongue:
thereā€™s a lot of temporary or unfinished models such as buildings, enemy carriers and level layout in general.
death explosion is a joke and probably wonā€™t be included (or any graphic violence and bad language).

to do by 2042:

-PLANES! big bombers and airship carriers
-save / load system with days passing, simple global events and game ending
-main menu
-money and shopping for upgrades ( razor rotors, fuel tanks, countermeasures, turretsā€¦ )
-moar weapons
-even worse logo

tnx for watching!