Marketplace stats

Hi UE4 community managers and moderators, I’m working on a UE4 plug-in and currently doing some research on Unreal Engine marketplace figures that I need for an investor pitch.

May you please point me to where I can find this information?

• No. of actual developers registered in the marketplace?
  • Estimated revenue you’re getting from the UE4 Marketplace alone (excluding ads) – if you can’t share actual figures, just a percentage of marketplace revenue from annual earnings will do as well

I tried online research but what I get are mostly Epic figures, which is a little too broad. If you can point me in the right direction, that would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Not a manager or moderator here… I think you’re going to have a hard time finding such official info without setting up your own query for the seller themselves. And i think you’d need to ask if epic has anything to say about sellers giving out such info even if they wanted. But if you happen to get those analyctics i bet here’s a lot of people that would find use for them.

There was a topic some time ago.
The “FPS Toolkit” or something like that was the highest pack sharing his sales numbers. He had great sales, but nothing that could make one person to quit his job and go marketplace full-time.

I personally put 3 hours a day into marketplace assets, far from full-time.
It’s like selling stuff on eBay :slight_smile:

my advise as a marketplace seller is

• No. of actual developers registered in the marketplace? we as sellers do not have that info and most definitely is for epic staff only to know that info
    but i would just personal go to each marketplace page and count the sellers

• Estimated revenue you’re getting from the UE4 Marketplace alone (excluding ads) – that is impossible to know or fined out it just like what BrUnO XaVIeR said its like selling on ebay and may be many months between any kind of sales all depends on what you sell / the quality of your product / the price / the way you market like social media fan base a lot of factors

until your product is approved and available to sell its very hard to say how it will sell