Marketplace Search Bar Fiasco

Haven’t seen a search bar for 25 years that couldn’t take input. You type in a whole word and only half the letters stick? Your search bar is near functionally unusable. You have to type one letter at a time and see if it takes.

2 Likes

The search bar works fine for me, on multiple different machines, so there’s something that goes wrong specific to your situation.
It sounds to me like your computer is having some heat, CPU, memory, GPU, software, or virus issue, perhaps?
Have you tried restarting?
What else is going on on the machine at the same time – are you opening a level or building something?
Or maybe it’s some macro package or input device incompatibility?

1 Like

I have this malfunction on both of my machines. My connection is slow (DSL). But the fact is that only the marketplace web site has this problem among all of my web use. It is the marketplace as accessed by web site or by unreal launcher and regardless of laptop or desktop.

1 Like

It’s trying to match as you’re typing, but its too slow.

2 Likes

Yep same it is the predictive text working too fast. On my ipad I have to type one letter - wait - then it displays what it thinks I was going to type etc etc. Sometimes i try and see how many letters I can get in before it goes off and calculates. Real pain in the a#@e

2 Likes

It seems to know when you’re typing. As long as you type fast enough, it waits.

But there are many aspects of the market place interface that need work, I think…

2 Likes