I have marketplace plugins working in editor, but when I package my project it “skips” the marketplace plugins and errors out complaining that the plugin isn’t there (obviously because it was skipped).
What I have done:
- Installed launcher engine 4.25.4
- Downloaded marketplace plugins and installed to launcher engine 4.25.4
- Built source engine 4.25.4 (oculus branch as I need quest 2 compatibility)
- Copied marketplace plugins to source engine
- Built source again
- Launch project agreeing with warnings/errors
- Enjoyed plugins in editor and preview
- Packaging fails throwing a bunch of warnings and errors
- Question my life choices that lead to this moment and resist the urge to build a cabin in the woods far away from any technology…
The warning/error when I launch project:
“The ‘xxx’ plugin was designed for build 4.25.0. Attempt to load it anyway?”
And when I package the log warning:
LogPluginManager: Warning: Plugin ‘xxx’ is not compatible with the current engine version (4.25.0)
LogPluginManager: Display: Skipping load of ‘xxx’.
I am confused as to why the plugins work in the launcher and not source of same version, but ultimately would just like to get this project packaged.