Marketplace Overhaul feedback

I don’t see a reason why there should not be AAA, Advanced, High Quality, Best, etc. in titles. It’s a marketing thing and if using those labels makes 5 people go away, it makes 15 others attracted. There are so many TV manufacturers out there and every single one of them claim to be the best among others. The truth is if they don’t claim that and shorten their ads from like 30 seconds to 10 seconds less people get attracted to the product that’s all. And most people honestly go for the one with better ads. Now whether claiming to be the best, most advanced etc. is just or not is up to the producers (not all TVs are the best among others but they all seem to be.) The only thing that seems off here is the ABCD sorting here, which is pretty easy to fix if Epic wants. :slight_smile:

Save for the fact that TV advertisement is aimed at the bulk of the average logically impaired people :wink:

Two strange dimensions (imposed stereotypes or denominations) which I ;)hate;) very much!: War between AAA vs Indie.

What I like: “You are what you are”!: GOOD:D!!! or BAD:inf:!!! “.”

Many great AAA studios began in the early 80s and 90s releasing sharewares. And there was not much distinction (discrimination-denomination) in the gaming area between large and small companies back then. In those days, YES, we had an very large distinction imposed by the dinosaurs between multi-billionaire Photographic and Cinematographic industry! Times change, but history repeats itself.

Who here has played ones games seeing in a monochrome crt monitor connected in an IBM XT 286 with 8-bits processor inside, such games like **BLACKTORN **and COMMANDER KEEN, early 80’s and 90’s, will know about who I’m talking about.

1- SAVE last place before entering to see a product!, when you are looking at a project you want to go back and see another one, instead it sends you back to the default starting point instead of the position you were.

2- Compare: a way to open two assets at the same time to compare them.

3- A contact seller via their unreal username feature or Chat.

Thanks for putting feedback and comments inside the launcher, really helps the customers…

Oh, I saw you’re featured new content - neat!
Also I’ve noticed some changes in sorting(Urban city was placed into the end instead of being on first place) so I guess you’re already working on sorting - can’t be happier :slight_smile:

Weird, sorting is still alphabetical on my end.

It’s still alphabetical. I mean that they started doing SOMETHING, because there are minor changes to the sorting

Gotcha. My mistake. =)

I am not sure if this is the best place to put this or not. Please move it if need be.
I noticed this thread is a little dated, but it lined up with the one thing annoying me in the UE4 Launcher.

Each page of the Unreal Engine Tab(Community/Learn/Marketplace/Library) has a header, but it scrolls with the page. Once I am at the bottom of any of those pages I have to scroll all the way back to the top of the page to change categories.

I would love the Headers to be static and the page scroll under them. If that makes sense? lol

Bum Deal I have a Pic to explain what I was posting about, but it seems as though I can not attach or insert from my PC or insert via URL. I keep getting a Database error. Maybe because I am brand new to the forums.

It could be just me, but with the latest version of the launcher, the marketplace no longer has an “architectural visualization” category…