Marketplace infos ?

Hi,

I am a content creator at Daz, among others, and I also plan to offer my creations on the Unreal Engine market but I have lots of questions, maybe you can tell me. Creating content is my job so it’s not in the idea of ​​doing free or only from time to time.
I looked at the market guide and even though I use English every day there are some points that are not very clear to me.
Well, anything that’s static is not a problem, but that’s the whole part about metahumans.
What is it exactly ? The skeletal meshes… Precisely in relation to them, if I want to propose a “creature” do I have to model it entirely in zbrush for example or else we could use a basic mesh from Unreal, modify it and propose it Next ? like we can do for example with Genesis at Daz?
To create clothes, are there any prerequisites?

Hey @Lunathyque! Welcome to the forums!

If you are making a humanoid, you can use the skeleton from UE for rigging which will make it compatible with many products on the Marketplace, but not the mannequin models themselves (including Manny and Quinn) as part of your final product.

Clothes should not be too revealing, and if modular they should be rigged to whatever skeleton your model has so they can be easily applied to a model and they should have physics assets applied to them. If you are making clothes for Metahumans, you can not include any Metahumans in the product itself but you should use the skeleton for your clothes and may need to also submit a testing version that includes a metahuman during the review process to ensure the clothes are working as intended.

Good luck with expanding into the Marketplace!