Marketplace Error code E10-0

Hi guys, I’ve tried contacting Epic games several times but apparently they cant even code their own support page so I’ll ask here. I keep trying to purchase assets to use in game development (free for a month assets) and every time I click on “check out” it gives me the error code

I don’t know if the image link worked so I will type it out.
“product activation failed”
“an error occurred processing your request, please try again. Error code:E10-0”

I’ve looked on the forums and people keep saying use proxies however this does absolutely nothing for me, can somebody please help?

Many thanks in advance!

1 Like

SAME!

I had the same problem through their windows app. I completed the check out however on my Android phone in the browser, and it worked fine.

Hey @DJShadyblunts! Welcome to the forums!

If you need help with your purchase from the Unreal Engine Marketplace, you should reach out to Unreal Engine Marketplace Support!

https://marketplacehelp.epicgames.com/s/markeplace-case-form

I had a similar problem where selecting the Unreal Marketplace “Checkout” option inside the Epic Games Launcher had no effect, and did not take me to the checkout, so I could not buy what I had in my cart. However, I worked out a SOLUTION:
I closed any Epic web pages in my browser tabs where I was not signed in, and then refreshed the one Epic webpage I was signed into - after this the “Checkout” button worked as expected. I believe this is because the Epic games launcher uses web browsing tech as its backend, specifically website cookies. So a non-signed in Epic webpage in the browser determines the signed-in-status of the Epic website cookie, and takes precedence over the Epic games launcher at checkout - even if the Epic games launcher says you’re signed in! (They may do this for security reasons to cover weird edge cases and ensure checkout safety, I guess?).
In simple terms, this should resolve the Marketplace “Checkout” button not taking you to the checkout:

1. Close the browser. (This ensures you don’t have any “not signed in”-cookies active)
  2. Then open Epic games launcher, and ensure you’re signed in. (This should refresh the cookie status to “I’m signed in”)
  3. The marketplace checkout should function as expected. (If not, your problem might be different, and you can contact support as was suggested by @Quetzalcodename)
    If you discover another solution, or variation please deposit your wisdom below.
    If you found this helpful, please click on the heart to like this post as it helps others find it too.