Marketplace downloads "Unavailable"?

Hey,

I have the same problem. I rebooted my PC, tried to update the Epic app, and killed from task manager. Nothing helps.

No idea what to do.

1 Like

Same here. Constantly. This happens right after I purchase an asset almost every time. Have to restart the Launcher to be able to download.

This was also the solution that worked for me. Thank you!

I had the same issue, so when I updated my version of Unreal Engine, it worked. Doesn’t have to be with the latest version, but that might help if this way doesn’t

1. Go to your Epic Game Launcher App
  2. Go to your Library from the Unreal Engine tab on the right-hand side column
    Unreal Engine tab > Library > Engine Versions
  3. Update your version, check which version the game/ plugin/ marketplace DLC is accepting
  4. Once it’s done, it should go from Unavailable to Download and should work now

I exited the Epic games launcher and launched it again and that fixed it for me.

If anyone else runs into this issue, a workaround I found was to log into the marketplace from my browser, navigate to the asset I purchased, then click, “open in launcher.” This then got the launcher to flip from unavailable to, “add to project.”

Hope this helps anyone looking for solutions.

1 Like

Epic is worse year after year. I tried everything in this thread, rebooting, deleting vault folder, “buy” another free product, launching the Epic Launcher from my browser by clicking on the link of the free content from the Marketplace website, nothing works, after clicking on the FREE button, the button turned to “Unavailable” and is still like this forever no matter what I do.

Simply exiting out of the Epic Launcher did not do the trick for me. However, the suggestion to kill Epic Games Launcher in Task Manager did the trick. I Opened Task Manager on Windows, killed the Epic Launcher instances that were running, and then opened up the Epic Launcher. Whatever was hung up was fixed. Thank you!

1 Like

What worked for me:
Go to a “Free” project, add to basket and download, no need to install. You should be able to go back to your wanted project and be able to download or add to project.