Marketplace downloads "Unavailable"?

For anyone in the future - this worked for me. (I am not sure if it was a combination or the last thing I did)
Network and Sharing -> go to your adapter -> click properties -> turn of Ip-version 6.
Restart Comp and Launcher.
This did not work for me until I ran the launcher in Administrator mode.
If you don’t know how to run it in admin mode; right-click launcher icon in taskbar->righclick ‘epic games launcher’->select ‘run as administrator’.
If not in taskbask - just rightclick the icon and select ‘run as administrator’

I have run it as admin before but it still had the asset pack as unavailable - hence my statement that it ‘might’ be a combination of these.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Okay, restarting the launcher by going into taskbar > right click on epic icons and click quit did the trick. Thanks for the help every1

3 Likes

Another year later on the same post. I found myself in this thread because I had the same problem. Ended up being very simple to fix. I had items in my checkout cart. Once I removed them or checked out so the cart was empty, the download links returned.

As others have said, I’m leaving this here as this is the thread that comes up first when searching for solutions to this problem.

1 Like

Thank you for this, I was having this issue and running the Epic Games Launcher as Admin did the trick. simple solution and works.

had the same issue. the marketplace Content Examples project was listed as “unvailable”. tried administrator privileges, checking the vault cache location, and disabling ipv6 on my network adapter to no avail.

what eventually worked was going to the metahuman project and “buying” it for free. I could then create a new metahuman project, and when I went back to the content examples project it also had the proper create project button now. I suspect this means there’s still a bug with the cart years later.

2 Likes

Thank you for this. I had this exact same problem. Content Examples was listed as “unavailable”, but when I “bought” the Metahuman project, I could download the Content Examples project.

Hello, I had the same issue and what helped me was to just restart epic games launcher (I had to turn it off completely through the task manager).

1 Like

This worked for me today, thank you.
Searched for metahumans plugin > hit Free > returned to content examples = Create Project

2 Likes

same issue and this worked for me as well. (grabbing a “free” project then immediately go back to the problem asset and now it is available)

In my case it was a random third party code plugin that could not be accessed.

This is happening to me CONSTANTLY !
I’ve bought assets and instantly it says Its unavailable,

The Epic launcher is SO slow to respond to anything! Switch to Library or Store tab and I have to wait 60 seonds and then sometimes it freezes totally and I have to use Task Manager to quit the program.

Also when you are searching for a product, it searches for every word you type I type ‘Easy Building System’ but it types out like ‘Esy ulid tm’

I would appricate a way to download my purchases via the EpicGames website (not just be redirected to the engine which still says ’ unavailable’

1 Like

also try clicking the button when it says unavailable. This usaully refreshes instantly for me.

I’ve just totally reinstalled windows everything is completely fresh and it STILL says Unavailable !

Another thing that is slowing down the Launchers interface is that I’ve taken all the free plugins in my list and on the Engine Menu you can see each Icon loading one by one. I would delete them all and remove them from my account but … theres no option to do that.

I really wish the Unreal Engine was seperate from the EpicLauncher

EDIT: It’s the EpicGames servers

It works! Thanks

Indeed at least for me closing epic launcher with task manager and re launching fixed it.

1 Like

Hey,

I have the same problem. I rebooted my PC, tried to update the Epic app, and killed from task manager. Nothing helps.

No idea what to do.

1 Like

Same here. Constantly. This happens right after I purchase an asset almost every time. Have to restart the Launcher to be able to download.

This was also the solution that worked for me. Thank you!

I had the same issue, so when I updated my version of Unreal Engine, it worked. Doesn’t have to be with the latest version, but that might help if this way doesn’t

1. Go to your Epic Game Launcher App
  2. Go to your Library from the Unreal Engine tab on the right-hand side column
    Unreal Engine tab > Library > Engine Versions
  3. Update your version, check which version the game/ plugin/ marketplace DLC is accepting
  4. Once it’s done, it should go from Unavailable to Download and should work now

I exited the Epic games launcher and launched it again and that fixed it for me.

If anyone else runs into this issue, a workaround I found was to log into the marketplace from my browser, navigate to the asset I purchased, then click, “open in launcher.” This then got the launcher to flip from unavailable to, “add to project.”

Hope this helps anyone looking for solutions.

1 Like