Marketplace Coupon?

Hello, I’ve seen some people talk about marketplace coupon they received these past few days and no one seems to know why and believe it is related to the ongoing sale, needless to say I haven’t received any so my question is does everyone get a coupon or is it for selected people or are there criteria to be eligible?
Thanks

They’re probably talking about the “Game” coupons you get during some games sales for something like 15-20% off your next purchase. They gave them away with the last sale… They’re not usable in the UE marketplace, just for games.

No they are marketplace Coupons for sure, you can search coupon on unreal engine subreddit and see multiple post + few mentions on unreal slacker discord if you search “coupon”.

Can you link to some mentions please?

I was unable to find anything but the common coupon scammy things…

I have to say I’m pretty suspicious about it - there is nowhere to enter a couple code when purchasing from my area anyway. I guess there is a slight chance it’s an experimental feature - but I would have thought there would be some type of documentation on it and I couldn’t find any.

No they did give away coupon last year around January or February and was 10$ and I’m pretty sure I used it so coupon system does exit.

Edit:

I found this documentation:

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/coupons/uemp-coupon-2022-1

If you make a Marketplace transaction that totals $14.99 USD or more between 10 AM EST November 23, 2021 and 11:59 PM EST on December 3, 2021, you will earn a coupon for a future Marketplace purchase of $14.99 USD or more.

Your coupon will activate beginning at 10 AM EST on January 11, 2022, and will be active until January 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM

Once the coupon has been added to your account on January 11th, you will be able to see it by clicking on the coupon icon that will appear at the top of the Marketplace page.

Your $10 Marketplace Coupon will be automatically applied at checkout on your next qualifying Marketplace transaction during the Active Coupon Window that totals $14.99 or more.

Yes that was last year’s coupon that I mentioned, I’m asking about this year’s.

No I couldn’t find any information for this year - but if people are saying they received coupons around the 10th - 11th of this year it sounds very similar. If you have purchased items over the last few months, you should see a coupon on your store account.

Yeah I did that’s why I’m asking to see if the criterion is same or not, unfortunately It seems No one can confirm.

I spent well over the US15 on that sale and I didn’t receive a coupon…

Hey @BULLSEYEliTe!

If in doubt, you should contact Unreal Marketplace Support directly. They will be able to confirm or deny any of what you found, as they would be the ones issuing any coupons for the Marketplace.

Thanks, I did that and they said they escalated my issue to senior agent but still no answer I suspect I won’t get any these 2 days because it’s weekend, I will try to update the thread when they answer.

I would suspect that the reason for the coupons is based on peoples Unreal Engine Marketplace Cart.

Basically, to further incentivise someone to buy assets who already had items in their marketplace cart, they received a coupon.

Please let us know once you find out! :slight_smile:

Got a reply today

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Marketplace Support.

These coupons are not being granted based on purchasing during a specific period, they were granted to a small subset of specific users. Unfortunately, as this program is not being organized by the Marketplace team directly, I don’t have any more specific information about what criteria was used to determine what users were granted a coupon.

Thanks,
Unreal Engine Marketplace