Marketplace assets (no texture, just models)

Hi

I was looking to maybe start building some assets for Marketplace but I wonder if it’s mandatory to have textures with the assets? There are lots of assets I would like but most of the time I want to change the textures and then no point in the artist investing a lot of time on texture work.

Substance 3d for example has what I’m asking for, the models are only geometry. Can we do the same for 3d models to sell on the marketplace?

Thank you.

Very often, models that are of any use have non-trivial UVs. Most people don’t just slap one material on a mesh. So it’s not just the geometry, but what you do with the UVs and material that adds value.

Offcourse models would have uv’s and some images with the uv’s but very often also people will use the geometry in a different scenario with a different mood and textures need to be recreated also.

Right now I’m just wondering if it’s mandatory to have textures on assets.

Thank you.

These are the guidelines

It doesn’t specifically say that meshes must have materials. I think you’ll only know if you try it.

If it’s seen as generating value, then I assume it will get through. Although I’ve never seen any ‘naked’ meshes on the marketplace…

i think i follow what is being asked and in looking for an answer to my own question, figured i ask here…

i too model better than i texture, and i see your point in that you almost never see “naked” models. i also understand the work involved with texturing, and know from both inside and outside that people just swap out the textures…

so my question is are we allowed to sell models that use textures from quixel or that were generated in mixer?!?