Marketplace asset pack approval

Hello, everyone!
I decided to make an asset pack to sell on Unreal Marketplace (It`s a weapon pack to be more specific). I checked guidelines, learned a lot about common mistakes, and began to work. When everything was done I sent it for approval, after a couple of changes everything was green except for the plugins part (I used modeling tools, so I left plugins for the end).

And now the fun part:
I`m turning off all the plugins, checking if everything works, and…getting back an error report caused by WorldPartitionHLODUtilities. I went to the net trying to understand the reason. Then I figured out that this plugin is needed for optimizing open worlds but I have nothing about open worlds in my project. After some back and forth with the marketplace quality commission, they pointed out that configs must be deleted. So I did, and so my project crashed. But then I turned this plugin on, and launched the project without configs, and you know what I saw? The default map that opens in the editor is Openworld map which is using this plugin (WorldPartitionHLODUtilities)!

I need to send a project with no plugins and configs, but if that is so the default map that opens without configs is the map that needs plugin. Which means that there’s no exit from this cursed loop.

I pointed this out to the approval commission and their response was a quote:
“Unfortunately our support is limited to the quality assurance process. We recommend checking out the forums and other resources to aid in resolving this concern.”

So here am I at the forum with no idea what to do.
If someone experienced this or something similar I would be very thankful for some info that can help resolve this.

I don’t know what specifically is going on in your project, but if it’s content pack without any special magic than migrating the content to new “clean” project should be fairly easy, right?

Ie., just create new project, right click on the assets you want to move and (IIRC names) Asset Actions->Migrate… (or something very similar sounding). It should pull dependencies, so for example if you have all the assets in your demo/overview maps, you just need to migrate those (but be sure everything you want to include is there).

Already tried that. (my UE is 5.3.2)
The problem here is that when you delete configs, the Unreal engine starts with an open world map which needs a plugin to function, otherwise crashing the engine.

My map:

If you start the engine with demo_map or without the map at all everything works fine, but with no configs, Unreal tries to launch with this map, no matter what standard preset I choose.

I really don’t get the part about deleting the config… but can’t you set your starter map in maps and modes to your demo map and then delete the configs?

But also idk about those configs thing. It sounds a bit fishy to delete them (last week I just went through submission process for my 2nd pack and I didn’t have to delete configs, but I did use 4.26 as baseline version).

Ok, I tested with 5.3.2. Created new project, disabled all the plugins (only ModelingToolsEditorMode was on by default) and projects loads. IMO configs don’t need to be deleted at all, just no plugins should be enabled.

The part about configs was pointed out by the Marketplace commission.

The main problem of my case is that info about the default editor map is in the configs.
Without the config – Open world will be loaded.
To be fair I can`t believe that I’m the first one who getting this problem, So either I missing something plain but important, or the commission.

The only problem is this single plugin that is necessary to launch Open World

If you want to replicate my issue try to disable WorldPartitionHLODUtilities and then launch project without configs. (That`s what they do on a review as I see)

Why do you even try to disable WorldPartitionHLODUtilities? Just make sure that your .uproject file don’t contain any extra plugins enabled.

Well because Marketplace reviewers told me to

This is… strange. WorldPartionHlodUtilities is one of the plugins that’s enabled by default by the engine I think. One that’s not specifically enabled by you (not defined in .uproject file). I just check one of my approved submissions (for engine version 5.1.1) and that plugin is enabled, alongside bunch of others:

Maybe it somehow got enabled in your .uproject file? That one I know for sure that needs to be ‘clean’. Here’s mine for that 5.1.1 project:

{
	"FileVersion": 3,
	"EngineAssociation": "5.1",
	"Category": "",
	"Description": "",
	"Plugins": [
		{
			"Name": "ModelingToolsEditorMode",
			"Enabled": false,
			"TargetAllowList": [
				"Editor"
			]
		}
	]
}

Ok, that seems interesting. For some reason, I had a bunch of plugins listed there, but I never actually turned them on intentionally.

I will try to delete plugins (rather than typing “false”) and check if it will help.

UPD:
Yup, just deleted all the lines and everything works. No idea why it was listed there in the first place, but whatever.

Great thanks for your help, have a nice day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.