March #UE4jam, March 10th-13th THEME: THE SKY IS THE LIMIT

Will do, thanks :smiley:

Streaming the last day as well - DAY 3 - Twitch

Twitch has my 18 hours so far. Only thing that wasn’t recorded was the sound recordings, which were done in other rooms :slight_smile:

–

Sad to say I am going to have to withdraw this time.

Had a great idea and was going great; but hit a few bumps that are outside my, current, skill set. Not a complete lose, I did manage to learn a few things and finally got something going.

Good luck to

You’ve still got just under 24 hours, can you reduce feature set and still submit something?

I triad that and while I had the game working it looked very poor. Everyone who tested it for me said it lost a lot of appeal.

See I called my game CAT-apult. The player launched cats from a catapult in an attempt to hit targets on the map. Part of the appeal of the game was the sounds (purring until launch, and noises in flight) and the cats movements in air. It is the animations and the whole using the cat as a projectile which is causing issues. So I:

1. Removing the animation, replacing the skeleton mesh with a static one. This worked but now the player sees what appears to be a dead cat flying in the air. The stiff body did not play well with the sounds
    1a. I tested a limp skeleton mesh, which resulted in the player seeing a recently killed cat flying in the air
  2. I placed the camera behind the cats ears and removed the body. The player only sees the top of the cats head as they look between its ears. Again this worked but the final result was almost as bad as the one above
  3. Replaced the cat with a cannon ball, which works great and good to go, but not worthy of entering a game jam. Not to mention the art work no longer makes sense

No doubt something I could fix given enough time. I decided to take my time to understand the problem rather than trying a quick patch job.

Of course we all know tomorrow at 1 min past midnight the answer will come to me

Umm, how about making it CAR-apult?

Just throw cars?

Car is idling when in the catapult and when it is inflight it just revs out.

If you’ve got something functional, I’d still participate as you’ve got a to win the Intel SSD’s which is a few $ of value.

Shipping in the face of adversity is character building :slight_smile: But if you’ve reached your limit then that is understandable.

Finish the game to the standard that you wanted it to and still release it for fun.

Would it be possible to add a Countdown timer or such - just like the twitch streams - to be sure when it must be in and keep an eye on the time :slight_smile:

if not now, maybe an idea for future events ?

i guess i have a 6 hour time difference here, i suppose it is the same timezone as the streams ?

Suppose this is it, not sure about daylight savings though.

@FrederickD - It’s always in the first post of the thread:

There is 18h47m remaining as of now.

Oh, i overlooked that, Silly me. Crunchtime ahead !

Alright folks! I’m pre-streaming downloading the latetst games. Twitch

Will be playing/ downloading more in an hour!

Spreadsheet links:

VictorBurgos (done! - now backed up and open for devs to update, add notes, or whatever) Now with 's notes on every single game!!!

JvtheWanderer (done! - now backed up and open for devs to update, add notes, or whatever)

Team sassy buns is not on the list yet…

Our team is not on the list too…did i miss something?

They are busy with GDC I think, but it won’t affect your submission in any way!

thanks for an answer

Danke fĂźr deine Antwort.
just we dont understand one thing that why the teams, who posted later than us, are on the list but us…
thats why we are worrying now.
we posted when the list was only around No. 60
there is a huge gap between participate then went out and didnt(or couldnt) participate.:inf:

you should be fine ETerNia but you could send a Private Message to if you’re still worried he won’t notice your posts, just to be sure. :wink:

I sent PM both of them each 35 and 30 hours ago. but they dont answer :frowning: not even submission PM.
i am the leader of team and i feel like i am disappointing teammates. becuz they are asking me why but i dont know.

anyway thank you for the answers
at least i feel better. because of your answers!
i will trust them more and tell our teammates that we gonna be fine just they are busy for GDC :smiley:

post mortem:** Balloons, Bombs, A Boy, and An Alien**

Mistake that still made it through:
Losing Condition - thought the Alien Mad Meter was fixed but even after testing still made it through to packaged game.

• Discovered during the live streams by: @JvtheWanderer & @VictorBurgos
  • yes, during your streams you both should’ve DIED !!! :stuck_out_tongue:
  • btw, Depth Perception worked and was intended! haha!

Planned Feature that Real Life interfered with at the last minute:
Balloons on Player Character - tried spawning balloons on char to show when balloons were collected - issues with location
thought of another method but wasn’t enough time.

Planned Features that honestly just wasn’t enough time, could blame this on Real Life but just part of a game jam sometimes:
Kids w/ Balloons - wanted to add Kids that didn’t turn lose of their balloon & floated up where the player could rescue them.
Matinees - thought of an opening matinee but mainly wanted to get winning/losing matinees in.

There was a lot more ideas & features that time wouldn’t allow & had to be left out that I won’t mention. I’m sure we all have this issue.

But want to say thanks very much for the playthroughs to:
JvtheWanderer - https://www.twitch.tv/jvthewanderer/
VictorBurgos - https://www.twitch.tv/victorburgos_

You can always contact them on Twitter (@iveytron and ), it’s safe that they read it there!

Just made a small update for my game “Blocks Unlimited”, added hardcore mode and some UI improvements link
Thanks for playing, had a lot of fun this jam :slight_smile: