MARCH GAME JAM: Theme: SET IT FREE

I’ll PM you some contact details :slight_smile:

Dark Acre Jack, there’s a link to docs that show the rules in the first post. (it’s to avoid any copyright issues and other things that we shouldn’t be doing)

unless it’s changed the UE4 Logo is fine as well as your own, if you own it. :wink: lol
(there is even UE4 Logo branding for marketing on the site as well)

ps: there is even a demo of the UE4 logo being destroyed, made by Zak - you can find it under the Learn Tab - Unreal Engine Feature Samples - it’s in the Feature’s Tour (sample)

Right, that’s the part I quoted directly from the linked rules sheet so I was hoping for confirmation. Thanks!

will be streaming the next days.

://www.twitch.tv/dennyrocket

I would love to stream, but I my internet sucks since we’re renovating our apartment. Gonna be submitting something for the first time!

Can we use leap motion? considering the fact that it is available to epic to use and that it will be added to the 4.8 binary.

Where to submit. Here? At some email .
Sorry cant find enough info.

Thanks and good luck.

markokacanski

From the original post:

Ty for the first timer advice Ayretek. Very much appreciated.

Bleh, I can’t come up with an idea for this one. =\

np Dark Acre Jack, in almost all the game jams I’ve seen there’s been an Unreal Logo in several of the entries. I usually run out of time altho I think I tried several times

thx, hope the advice helps people some, it’s stuff I would have liked to have known, RogueMS99

btw… setup a google or some other account to upload your project to, then provide a useable link to it, Katanec
(the rest just do like InfectedFPS implied)(I posted some advice to try to help people out earlier you may want to check out)

InfectedFPS struggling even now with what I’ve come up with this time, not looking good but gonna push forward as usual.
But most of the times I’ve done the Game Jams, I spend the first day dumping about 5 or 6 ideas before coming up with one that worked, so… basically… ‘Don’t Give Up!’
It’ll come to ya! :wink:

(the last one I had already given up and then like a day n a half away I thought of something n said to myself, yeah I can do that) barely made it tho’ :wink: lol

Edit: actually I am in the same situation as you InfectedFPS, I feel like it’s the January game jam - ‘Back to Square One’ lol
well wish us both good luck on this one :slight_smile:

Give me your body ! :smiley:

EDIT: Omg, Twin peaks reference! +1000 respect points!

Yes please! It is available with the GitHub build, but as you said, we are still working to add it to the binary.

Oh man that was so fast! I have never been a character in a game before! Haha, love it! Also, plaid is awesome

Cone of Shame :frowning: lol

Really awesome of you to put that together so fast . Great job! Thanks for putting the project up as well, will check it out.

I will be jamming this weekend and broadcasting via Twitch: ://www.twitch.tv/thejustinwalsh
I’m primarily developing in C++ so get ready for a code barrage!

So hyped! This is my first Unreal Game Jam.

I spent most of Thursday not having ideas, and most of Friday fighting bugs and scrapping control schemes. (hint! if you scale an object below .10, it turns off physics!) This is my remaining task list, with probably not enough time to finish:

New campaign icons
Saved Game
Star hurt routine

Enemy Red Block logic
Block Array + Center Spoke + Rotator
Block Array + Follow Spline (weirdness physics, never blue)
Spline Mesh ramp?

Breakable Block (cracked)
Blue Orb (flickable)

Tutorial Levels
2: Red Blocks are Deadly
3: Gray Blocks are Breakable
4: Blue Orbs are Flingable
5: Exam

Intermedite Levels:
1: Elevator  (need moveable)
2: Pachinko (need spoke, rotate)
3: Spline meshes?
4: Too many stars
5: 
6: Stone Stars
7: Red Pyramids die to Blue Orbs
8:
9:
10:

Advanced Levels:
1: Ghost Blocks (yellow triggers)?
2: Hell-evator
3: Invisible blocks
4: 
5: Mouse Avoidance
6:
7:
8:
9:
10: 

I’m not getting all that done in time allotted!

@ drekmonger

we all have these huge ideas and dream of AAA quality but you have to realize the time constraints imposed on us during the Game Jam.

Simplify, choose what you have time to implement, drop some of those levels or combine them, make compromises and finish that game.

It can be a painful process but you also have to be realistic, plan to finish way ahead of time and you might make it.
(you have to allow time to package, test, upload and link to forums as well)

PS: Win Lose or Fail - we all take something away from competing in the Game Jams, the amount you learn is worth it. It’s not only what we learn about the engine but what we learn from the time constraints imposed on us by the deadline we have to meet. It forces us to organize and makes one realize what is required to get games into production by a required time.
(one can only imagine the rush these big companies go through to create Titles)
(the knowledge we take away from this each time is immense)

btw… you aren’t ALONE! lol :cool:

Still working away on something for this jam… the art will be rough ;D

://-noonan/development/dev_ue4jam/shoot_test.gif